Sunday, April 27, 2014

MALAVITA is a quarter-finalist in the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards!

I'm very excited to announce that Malavita (Blood and Honor, Prequel) is a quarter-finalist for the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards

Malavita (Blood and Honor, Prequel) by Dana Delamar

The 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards (ABNA) started off with 10,000 entrants, but as of the quarter-finals, the field has been narrowed down to 500, which means that Malavita made it to the top 100 entrants in the Romance category! Here's what Amazon's Vine reviewers said about the excerpt they read: 

  • "I thought the excerpt was very well-written. The characterization was very well done. I also enjoyed the meeting between Enrico and Antonella--it was not what I expected at all. The author does a good job of conjuring up the scene--especially with Enrico and Antonella in the maze." –Vine Reviewer
  • "I loved the beginning of this novel with the set-up of the ongoing war between the Lucchesi and Andretti families. I could feel Enrico's sorrow at finding out his mother and brothers were dead. I felt for him in trying to stop his father from retaliating and harming Dario. When Enrico acquiesces to Dario being harmed to save him from being murdered just gutted me. A very very strong beginning to this excerpt that had me racing to finish this excerpt as fast as possible and cursing that there were not more pages included for me to read!" –Vine Reviewer


So what happens next?

Publisher's Weekly will be reviewing the entire manuscripts of all the quarter-finalists to determine the lucky 25 who'll go on to the semi-finals. 

In addition, Amazon customers can download, rate, and review the entries on Amazon.com, which provides valuable feedback to Amazon Publishing about the entries. 

Want to help determine the winners?

You can see all the quarter-finalists in all the categories here. If you'd like to download the free excerpt of Malavita and rate and review it, you can do that here: 

Malavita (Blood and Honor, Prequel) - 2014 ABNA Entry

I'd very much appreciate your honest feedback on Malavita!

Thank you for your support! :)
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment